Attackers have become shrewder and more sophisticated nowadays. They are using smart ways to breach security of an enterprise. They have begun using multiple control and command systems to secretly communicate with various different types of malware. This presents a big challenge for organizations to ensure the best methods to identify such hacking methods and remove them effectively.
How does malware destroy the organizational infrastructure?
As per the research carried out by Kaspersky, malware can easily be downloaded from phishing emails. They are driven by infection. They act as a new control system and command that runs and manages themselves in the form of legitimate software. This turns a simple infection into a sophisticated and complex one. Before it causes destruction in an organization, it is important for organizations to come up with an effective strategy to prevent it.
Basic steps to counteract malware
If an organization gets affected by malware, then it is because it lacks a strong solution to implement adequate protective supervision strategies. It is the inability of the business to understand the threat, and design effective security layers to offer the best mechanism defense. This is a major cause for the spread of malware in a business. A good malware elimination software reduces the time to react from isolation, investigation, detection, and recovery.
It is important for a business to identify all those assets that a threat is looking out to steal, exploit, destroy or damage. Once a proper detection is done, only then a granular security model can be applied that is appropriate to the asset value.
When talking about tracking software versus malware, this software has been chosen by most of the popular and established companies to monitor the usage of computer. This helps a lot in preventing any malicious activities that can result in malware to enter the system. This software can help in blocking unscrupulous websites that can be a source of virus, and malware.
Major features of using tracker software
Tracker software is getting increasingly used in organizations. This is because of a number of reasons.
- Tracks the amount of time that is spent in surfing programs, and websites. It also notes log in and logs out times
- This software helps in recording keystrokes, screenshots, emails, chats, search queries and downloads
- Filters websites as well as blocks programs on the basis of the rules set by you
- Generates more than twenty scheduled and interactive reports in various file format
- Gets installed remotely via network
- 100% protection is achieved in the form of no program groups, no icons, no processes visible for supervised user
- Precise tracking of the time when employees enter and leaves the organization. Based on the data it generates scheduled reports on the e-mails on different departments and users
Poorly defended environment can make an organization more susceptible for further attacks in the supply chain. It is needed that an organization becomes aware of the connectivity, not only in the mainstream IT but also in the peripheral systems that it is connected to. This will help in preventing some of the most expensive violation that can occur in the organization.